Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Directions Post:

As we progress through this unit, periodically you will create questions and develop answers while we read various selections discussing the new frontiers. Good readers will often stop and reflect what they have read either asking more questions or coming up with an answer to a question. If you find an answer to someone's question in class, please post a reply to answer the question. Below I have provided a sample to a question and answer example.

Example
Question:
What are future careers in space?
What creatures live in the deepest part of the cean?

30 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that in fifty years their will be trees and water on mars and some will live on it. (My dad works at NASA). I wonder if their is other life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there will only be trees on mars if WE go there and part them there

      Delete
  4. I know space is never ending.What is the deepest ocea,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the pacific ocean is the deepest

      Delete
  5. I know that people have to wear a suit to go into space. Why can't we breathe underwater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't breath in water because we have lungs. Lungs can not separate the hydrogen and oxygen molecules similar to gills. Your lungs will just fill up with water.

      Delete
    2. we can't breathe underwater because we don't have gills to filter out the oxygen in the water. The suits just contain the oxygen

      Delete
  6. In space you explode because of lack of pressure to keep your body together and underwater you implode because of too much presure. of courese, these are only if you are not geared up properly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you don't exactly explode in space, but yeah.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  8. Ocean:
    You can't breathe in the ocean and the deeper you get, the harder the water pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that the tallest mountain is underwater

    Is there other intelligent life out therein space?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know space is dark and had planets and has gravity.Ocean has fish.Why is space dark,why the oceans have waves.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How are the long-term effects in the ocean and space different or the same?

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fact I know is that you can't breath under water or in space. You need special materials for you to breath.

    Question: Why do humans want to see what is on mars? Don't they already know?

    ReplyDelete
  13. In water you suffocate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is there weather in space or on other planets? I know that the dumbo octopus lives deep in the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  15. One fact that I know about oceans is that there are still many species of animals that live in the ocean that people have not yet discovered. One fact I know about space is that is very large and people have not yet discovered everything in space. One question I have about oceans is how are people going to study the animals that live towards the ocean floor? A question I have about space is how much research to scientists have to do before sending someone on space?

    ReplyDelete
  16. One fact about space and oceans is that the ocean is probably more than 7 miles deep.In space there is another sun.I wonder if the ocean has any other animals than the animals we usually know.I wonder if there will be another planet where humans live in space.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Space and oceans both don't let you breathe and literally take your breath away.Why couldn't there be more "earths"?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know that space is not on earth, it is what we are breathing today and it is in the air with the planets and the Ocean is on earth and space is not water and the ocean is and the ocean is wet not dry like space.

    I wonder if there are other planets that we have not found yet and if there are other lost ships or artifacts in the ocean that we have not uncovered.

    ReplyDelete
  19. fact: you can't breath in space or in water

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Only 98% of water is fit for humans to drink.

    How many galaxies have we discovered or known about so far?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Questions:
    Are there other galaxies that have planets similar to Earth?
    Is it possible that we can find a way to colonize underwater? (With people were special equipment, of course.)

    Facts:
    It is believed that the universe was created by the Big Bang, an explosion that created the universe, and because the force is so strong, galaxies are moving farther away from each other.

    Oceans have a high concentration of salt. While some other bodies of water do not have high concentrations of salt.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know that going to the bottom of the deepest ocean can cause implosion. I wonder why scientists and astronauts don't go to Mars and beyond already.

    ReplyDelete
  24. 1. Space: One fact about space is that is it shows stars and the stars make things like a lion or a god. One question is that what things lurk in the stars.

    2. Ocean: One fact is that it has many fish and marine life in the bottom of the ocean. One question is that what is really at the bottom of the deepest ocean.

    ReplyDelete